We can only go forward if we know where we are starting. This post will talk about the goals we set when we hit milestones; new year's resolutions, a new job, new house, new relationship, etc. If we don't examine how we were in the past, we wake up with our new goals on a Wednesday and there we still are, how we were.
It is important to ask and examine our answers to the following questions:
1) What were the good things about my old ... (job/relationship/year/venture/trip)?
2) What did I learn about myself that I didn't expect?
3) What was the hardest/worst thing/event/aspect of my old ...?
4) What are the lessons that I learned and will take with me moving forward?
5) What are the lessons that I will never ever do again?
6) How will I approach my new ... better than the last one?
7) What are the big highlights that I am proud of in my old ...?
These questions are based on a course put on by Mel Robbins, an international speaker, mentor, educator and coach.